Today we tell you about this basic exercises like barbell military press rod. From the title it is clear that it has come to us from the army, or rather, from the US Army. So, what thrust vertical block muscles are working in this type of bench press barbell?
When the physical training of soldiers this exercise is used as the main way to exercise these muscles as:
1. deltoids (shoulders)
2. upper chest muscles
Here are the main group of the trained muscles.
This exercise can be done in several ways seated barbell military press. For example, standing, sitting, in the Smith machine, a barbell using weights, as well as the chest and because of the head (his head). But in all these cases is almost identical equipment, which we discuss below.
Technique of performance bench press barbell army standing or sitting
Before the start of the barbell military press army benching, and training in general, it is necessary to warm up the muscles. For this particular exercise knead his shoulders . Then proceed to implementation.
1. The grip should be wider than shoulder width.
2. The starting position should be like this: feet shoulder width apart or slightly wider, bent at the knees. Grief at the shoulders, arms bent at the elbows.
3. Now slowly lift Grief over the head and secure.
4. Slowly return the neck to the chest level.
The rod must not touch the chest! Repeat press the right amount of time.
To avoid errors when performing, whether sitting or standing, be sure to pay attention to the photo and video at the end.
As you can see standing military barbell press, technique of army benching simple. But do not underestimate all the nuances, because of which it is easy to make a mistake in the exercise. Basic errors that you may encounter are described below.
1. One of the most common mistakes in almost every exercise – no warm-up. Do not neglect it! Warming up your muscles, joints and tendons, you are much reduce the risk of injury.
2. At the top of the exercise, when you raise barbell military press your neck, the shell should be directly over your head. Take care that it does not lean back or forward.
3. Do not bend or arch. With too much weight can occur misplacement body that will bring the whole exercise to naught.
4. All movements should be smooth, slow. Do not dispose of the shell, do not make a sharp rise.
5. All press rod standing or sitting should be provided exactly the muscles of the shoulder girdle. Do not help yourself the other muscles of the body.
Tips and tricks
There are some features, knowing that you will be able to use the exercise with the greatest possible benefit for themselves barbell military shoulder press.
1. If you reap too much weight, then put your feet is not a single line, and push forward a little bit. This will give you greater stability during exercise.
2. Lift the neck with an exhalation. Breathing can significantly ease the task.
3. Shoes should be a rigid sole, so as not to be shaken.
4. Do not stop at the top for more than 3 seconds. So you overexert less and be able to raise more times.
That’s all you need to know about the army bench or barbell bench press standing. Train your health!