When training the triceps one of the most popular exercises is the French press of a bar or dumbbells lying, sitting or standing. That’s about it and will be discussed in this article.
To begin, let’s talk about what this exercise trains. However, we recommend reading the article “article before reading, muscle anatomy arms .”
The main muscles that are targeted, all the work is triceps. That is, they account for the bulk load. To a lesser extent involving the pectoral muscles, and the muscles of the shoulder girdle.
What can be achieved by performing the French press of a bar or dumbbells
Exercise can increase the muscles of the arms in the volume, increase joint flexibility, isolate the triceps. In addition, the press is useful for women who have arm muscles tend to sag.
Departing from the topic, I would recommend to read an article about how to increase biceps .
So, how to do a French press? The first thing you need to know about the technique of execution of the French bench press – is that exercise is performed lying on the bench. However, it can also be done sitting or standing. The shells may act as a dumbbell or barbell Direct with E-shaped stamp.
The weight should not be too large, so guided: you need to be able to do 10 sets. To prevent errors note the photo in the article, as well as video at the end of the post.
Digression: if you’re a girl and you want to have beautiful breasts and taut, be sure to check the table push-ups for girls .
So, the starting position:
- lie down on the bench (legs can be lowered to the floor or elevated on a bench, in both cases, the knees should be bent) and put on a chest bar with a small weight. The grip should be narrow (less than 5 cm).
- raise your arms above chest at right angles to the body.
- Then bend your elbows slowly, but keep them in one place, should move only the forearm.
- When the hands are in the forehead, linger, and then begin to slowly raise and shell. Repeat as many times as scheduled.
Options and error in the lift
Options and variations of execution of the French bench press there are many. For example, for the head on the block, incline bench, with different positions of the hands, sitting …
Related article: ” The benefits of exercise bike ”
It should be remembered that the French press – one of those exercises in which care should be taken to the desired strained muscles. In this case, you should follow the triceps and not allow the load is distributed over all the muscles of hands.
- Shoulders and elbows should be still.
- Take care that the basin did not come off the bench.
- Do not lower the bar below the head, if you do not train the triceps stretch.
- Elbows should not diverge widely when lowering the arms. Try to keep them as straight as possible.
That’s all you need to know about the French bench. Finally it should be said that, if you have any medical conditions or complaints related to the elbows, it is better to abandon this exercise and pay attention to other similar.
Related article: ” What will help to lose weight faster ?”